Facebook Files for $5 Billion IPO
As rumored, the company is seeking to raise $5 billion. If Facebook manages to raise this capital, it will be on a shortlist of biggest tech IPOs of all time.
Investment bank Morgan Stanley will act as lead underwriter, with Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan and others to take secondary positions. Shares are expected to hit the market in May.
For longtime followers of the social network, this is an exciting time and a culmination of the site’s eight-year rise from Mark Zuckerberg’s Harvard dorm room to world domination.
Additional Facebook IPO Coverage
- Facebook IPO Reveals How It Made $3.71 Billion in 2011
- 10 Giant Things Less Valuable Than Facebook
- Zuckerberg to Potential Shareholders: Facebook Is on a Social Mission
- Facebook IPO Filing Flings Open the Social Network Kimono
- Facebook: Zynga Generates 12% of Our Revenue and We Need Them
- Sheryl Sandberg Was Facebook’s Best-Paid Employee in 2011
The full S-1 filing is available here.
Wednesday, 1 February 2012
Mashable - The Social Media Guide