Rental hike for homeless accommodation and traveller site
Date published: 31 January 2012
The rental price for homelessness service accommodation units in Rochdale and the pitches and chalet accommodation at the Roch Vale Caravan Park is to increase by 8.10 per cent.
Councillors agreed the rise at a cabinet meeting held on Monday (30 January).
The report presented to Cabinet states: “The rental charges for pitches and chalet accommodation at the Roch Vale Caravan Park and each of the Homelessness Units - Leopold Court, Great Howarth and the dispersed flats - are recommended to be increased by 8.10 per cent in line with the proposed average rent increase for Council properties.”
The weekly rental charges will be increased as follows:
- Roch Vale Pitches – from £79.72 to £86.18
- Roch Vale Chalets – from £47.83 to £57.10
- Leopold Court – from £224.32 to £242.49
- Great Howarth – from £230.51 to £249.19
- Dispersed flats – from £178.68 to £193.15
- Dispersed flats with card meters – from £178.68 to £193.15
The report presented to Councillors adds: “In order to ensure that sufficient resources are available for homeless accommodation charges are reviewed annually.”